Proposals are due no later than March 1, 2019
Valparaiso Events is currently accepting proposals for food vendors to participate in the Valparaiso Wine Festival, located at Central Park Plaza in Downtown Valparaiso on Saturday, July 20, 2019. Event attendance will be approximately 1,200.
We are looking for one (1) food vendor that will create the perfect light menu for our wine tasting event. Event times are 5:00-8:00 pm. We are looking for lighter items that specifically pair well with wine. These items will be served together in a small box or boat to all 1,200 attendees. The food vendor may also have some of these food items available for purchase a la carte. Food vendor must also have soda and water available for purchase.
To be considered, please submit your menu options in the form below. We ask that you list up to seven (7) items on your application, and we will select 4-5 of these items to include in the sampling menu.
Vendor Fee: $200
We will provide you with a budget of $4,500 to create your sampling menu for the 1,200 attendees. We will provide you with the serving boxes/boats. Vendor is responsible for all other needed supplies. There is a vendor fee of $200 to remain on site to serve additional menu items ala carte. We will deduct this cost from the total invoice.
All Vendors Are Required To:
- set up under the William E. Urschel Pavilion in Central Park Plaza in their designated location
- follow all health department rules and regulations and obtain all necessary permits
- be setup and ready to sell items no later than 4:45 PM
- provide enough product to last through 8:00 PM. (Early break down is not allowed)
- provide their own supplies (plates, napkins, plasticware, etc)
- Only food items that are accepted in the proposal are allowed to be sold.
- Substitution food items must be approved by Valparaiso Events PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
- Food items not included in the original proposal are NOT ALLOWED.
- Vendors working with hot oil and/or grease are required to lay cardboard under their work space to keep cooking area grease free.
- In the event that additional cleaning is required, vendors will be charged an cleanup fee of $100.
- Spaces are 10 × 10 with the use of the sidewalk behind each space.
- Two (2) 8 ft covered tables are provided for each vendor.
- Vendors can bring additional tables if required. (Tents are optional)
- Electricity is available upon request however, extension cords may be needed.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the food area.