2018 VALPARAISO POPCORN FESTIVAL
Proposals are due no later than Friday, March 19, 2018
Valparaiso Events is currently accepting proposals for food vendors to participate in the 40th Annual Valparaiso Popcorn Festival, located in the Chicagoland Popcorn Area under the William E. Urschel Pavilion in Central Park Plaza on Saturday, September 8, 2018. The Chicagoland Popcorn Area will be open from 11:00 AM through 6:30 PM. This year’s festival will continue to be a high profile event.
A total of four (4) food vendors will be accepted. To be considered, food vendors must submit their menu with no more than five (5) food items and prices for each item. The variety should consist of upscale, gourmet street food. Each vendor must also have soda and water available for purchase. If selected, you will be contacted via phone or email. Payment is due within 15 days of acceptance.
Vendor Fee: $200
Make checks payable to Valparaiso Events & mail to 150 W. Lincolnway Suite 1006 Valparaiso IN 46383.
Along with payment, vendors must include a copy of their certificate of insurance naming both Valparaiso Events and City of Valparaiso as additionally insured.
All Vendors Are Required To:
- set up under the William E. Urschel Pavilion in Central Park Plaza in their designated location
- follow all health department rules and regulations and obtain all necessary permits
- be setup and ready to sell items no later than 10:30 AM
- provide enough product to last through 6:30 PM. (Early break down is not allowed)
- provide their own supplies (plates, napkins, plasticware, etc)
- Only food items that are accepted in the proposal are allowed to be sold.
- Substitution food items must be approved by Valparaiso Events PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
- Food items not included in the original proposal are NOT ALLOWED.
- Vendors working with hot oil and/or grease are required to lay cardboard under their work space to keep cooking area grease free.
- In the event that additional cleaning is required, vendors will be charged an cleanup fee of $100.
- Spaces are 10 × 10 with the use of the sidewalk behind each space.
- Two (2) 8 ft covered tables are provided for each vendor.
- Vendors can bring additional tables if required. (Tents are optional)
- Electricity is available upon request however, extension cords may be needed.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the food area.