Your Guide To Holly Days
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and we want you to come celebrate the holiday season with us! Our annual Holly Days is coming to town Friday, December 4 from 5-7pm in Downtown Valparaiso. What kinds of gifts do we have in store for you? How are we getting into the spirit? Here’s a look:
All of your favorite activities of the season will come together on this night to transform our town into a winter wonderland. Stroll through the decorated streets of downtown Valparaiso to enjoy special treats, holiday sales and business open houses to kick off this festive season. Stop and watch the Jingle Tones sing all of your holiday favorites as they carol through downtown before they pop in and out of the local downtown shops and restaurants.
There will be plenty of things to see and do around the courthouse square, including a live nativity scene, free train rides, carolers and more to help spread a little Holly Days cheer!
Travel down to Central Park Plaza to witness spectacular ice carvings, while the VHS Varsity Singer’s serenade the crowd at 5:30pm. Make sure to stop by the Valparaiso Events tent for some free giveaways, while supplies last.
Plus, what’s a holiday celebration without Santa Claus? Bring your families to the Porter County Museum to come meet and take photos with the “Man With the Bag.” While you are there, be sure to check out the Valparaiso Women’s Association’s annual bake sale to pick up some delicious sweets.
The fun doesn’t end there! Holly Days activities go beyond the courthouse square and Central Park Plaza. All around the downtown area, our various retailers will be hosting their annual holiday open houses. Support some of our local businesses and get some of your shopping done! Restaurants and retailers alike will be getting into the Holly Days’ spirit, with different specials & goodies for all to enjoy. Here’s just a sneak peek at just a few
- 21 North Eyecare– Whether you have been naughty or nice, you better pick up a bag of magic reindeer food to guide Santa’s reindeer to your home!
- Bon Femme– Warm up while you walk with a delicious cup of soup.
- Catherine’s Bridal Boutique– Take advantage of 25% off all holiday party attire, including dresses, shoes and jewelry. They will also have some holiday treats on hand for their guests that evening.
- Designer Desserts– Get in the spirit with their holiday inspired cupcakes: Eggnog, Peppermint Mocha, Sleigh Ride, Snowball, & Sugar Plum Fairy. They all pair nicely with their pink hot chocolate!
- Don Quijote Restaurante– Relish in the flavors of a fall favorite-Cream of Butternut Squash soup.
- European Style Salon & Day Spa– Sip on a cup of hot chocolate while you peruse downtown.
- Figure 8– Come in to get warm while you enjoy 20% off appetizers, such as our Housemade Beer Cheese & Pretzels from 5-8 p.m.
- Good to Go by Lucrezia– Sample Chef Alfredo’s award winning chili and stay for dinner and a wine flight! Pick up a perfect gift for the holidays with 20% off their premium olive oils & vinegars.
- Lifestyles– Open late! Enjoy hot cider and sample their dips & spreads while you shop. For an extra holiday surprise, head upstairs to take a photo with Santa!
- Kernels & Kones– Enjoy $2 off bags of hot, buttery popcorn while you enjoy the festivities in the park. Holiday orders between 5-7pm will receive 15% off their entire order! Think of all the gifts you can get this holiday season from popcorn tins, chocolate trays, and more!
- Old World Market– Stop in for expert advice on holiday gift giving! Shop a beautiful selection of their pre-made gift baskets or place an order to create your own.
- Pikk’s Tavern– Take part in a holiday tradition with a bag of roasted chestnuts.
- Piper Boutiques– Gift giving is never easier! Shop an adorable selection of holiday dresses, jammies, and bows!
- Presbyterian Resale Shop– Take part in some cider and doughnuts while you stock up on the great deals inside!
- Roots Organic Juice Cafe– Check out the new addition to their dining area and try a free sample of their yummy gluten free bakery items and hot cider.
- Seasons on the Square– Are they mannequins or live window models?! See the latest fashions in their beautiful window display, and stop in to shop!
- The Sewing Studio– Enjoy some cookies and punch while you take advantage of their 25% Holiday Open House specials.
- Sheep’s Clothing– Come stitch and relax with us and savor this beautiful holiday season. Enjoy spinning demonstrations while listening to the beautiful talents of a harpist while you shop or stitch.
- The Silver Spoon– Enjoy fresh doughnut holes or hot chocolate, then stay for a holiday cocktail!
- Valley– Stop by for complimentary holiday cookie fresh out of the oven, and stay for a fabulous farm-to-fork dinner with the family.
‘Tis the season to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year! Bundle up and head downtown Friday, December 4 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. For more information on Holly Days click here.
Comments are closed.