Popcorn Festival Preview: Parade and Where To Eat
The Valparaiso Popcorn Festival is just days away! Don’t miss our biggest event of the year on Saturday, September 10, featuring two stages of live entertainment, popcorn parade, over 200 arts and craft vendors, kids inflatable area and a plethora of food vendors to keep your taste buds happy. The 2016 Festival looks to be the best ever in its 38-year history.
Each year we we highlight the various featured areas of the festival including the South Shore CVA Main Stage lineup and event a quick guide on how to build a float. Today we will be previewing what to expect at this year’s parade including a few new not-to-miss additions. Plus, feel good about filling your belly on Festival Day because we are going to tell you how your food purchases actually help the community!
Chicagoland Popcorn Parade – Presented by Centier Bank
Family! Friends! Floats! Popcorn! The nation’s first – and greatest – popcorn parade is a favorite amongst the community and this year’s looks to be our biggest yet! Local businesses, schools and organizations from all across the NWI region will make their way down Lincolnway eager to show off their impressive entries. While you enjoy your old favorites be sure to keep an eye out for what we have new this year. Indy’s most famous clown band, the Circle City Sidewalk Stompers, will entertain parade goers and be sure to keep your eye on the sky so you don’t miss the famous WWII Torpedo bomber plane doing aerial flyovers before and after the parade.
Bring your chairs or blankets and settle in to enjoy the 38th Popcorn Parade kicking off at 10am and led by the Culver Mounted Color Guard!
See the route below:
Enjoy You Favorite Festival Food & Give Back to the Community!
There is more than just popcorn to enjoy at this year’s festival. Did you know that you’re giving to local Porter County non-profit organizations when your purchase food at the festival? Your favorite local restaurants, concessioners and non-profits will set up shop all around downtown eager to feed the hungry masses. The best part? When you buy from them, you’ll be helping to give back to the community! Each vendor has been paired with a local non-profit. For each sale, a portion of the profits will be donated to said organization! Giving back never tasted so good.
Here is your list of vendors and the non-profits they’ll be paired with:
- Culver’s of Valparaiso: Pink Ribbon Society
- B&D Refreshments: Porter County Special Olympics
- Bartlett’s Gourmet Grill: Dunes Learning Center
- Blue Chip Casino: Housing Opportunities
- BSA Troop 920/Corn on the Cobb: Troop 920 BSA
- Christ Lutheran Church: Christ Lutheran Church
- DC Sandwiches: Hebron Methodist Church
- Dr. Vegetable: Hilltop Neighborhood House, The Caring Place, Inc., Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County
- Eatery Concessions: Mako Swim Club
- FOP #165/Elephant Ears: FOP #165
- KC’s Buffalo Grill: South Haven Boys and Girls Club
- Kelsey’s Steakhouse: Valparaiso Popcorn Festival, Valparaiso Events
- Kona Ice: Road To Life Church
- La Patrona LLC: Lakeshore Paws
- Maggie Moos: Shorewood Philanthropic Committee
- Moon’s Kettle Corn, LLC: Morgan Township Fire Department
- Moose Lodge: Moose Lodge
- Oour Lade of Guadalupe Society: Nativity of our Savior Catholic Church
- Pierogi Square, LLC: 500 Turkeys
- Pop-2 It Kettle Corn: Valpo YMCA
- Portage Police Department – S.W.A.T.: Portage Police Department
- Remschneider Kettle Corn: Valparaiso Market, Valparaiso Events
- Rolling Stonebaker: Summer Outdoor Movies, Valparaiso Events
- Rubicon Artisan Coffees: Hannah’s Hope
- St. Paul Men’s Club: St. Paul Men’s Club
- St. Paul School/County Line Orchard: St. Paul Catholic School
- Ste. Marie Concessions: Lake of the Four Seasons Volunteer Fire Force
- Super C Concessions, LLC: Corporate Chaplain of America
- The Church of Jesus Christ: The Church of Jesus Christ
- The Nut Hut: EAA Chapter 104
- Valparaiso Firefighters Local 1124: Valparaiso Firefighters Local 1124
- Valpo Velvet: Chicago Street Theatre
- Valpo YMCA/Douglas Concessions: Valparaiso YMCA
- Vietnamese Association: Vietnamese Association
We are eager to host you at the 38th Annual Valparaiso Popcorn Festival! For more on the Valparaiso Popcorn Festival, including a full schedule of Pre-Week and Festival Day activities, click here.
Comments are closed.