September 7, 2013
(always the Saturday
after Labor Day)
Celebrating its 35th year and named the "Best Festival of the Region" by The Times
readers for 15 years, the Valparaiso Popcorn Festival continues to offer family-fun
activities for all ages. Over 200 arts & crafts booths, 30 food booths, kids' games,
the five-mile Popcorn Panic, and the nation's First Popcorn Parade are only the
beginning of the excitement of this incredible festival.
Pre-Event Week Activities Include
Daily Lunch and Dinner under the Orville Redenbacher Tent located in Central Park Plaza hosted by different local charities and businesses each day.
- Daily Lunch under the Orville Redenbacher Tent:
Tuesday, September 3 – Friday, September 6; 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Daily Dinner under the Orville Redenbacher Tent:
Tuesday, September 3 – Friday, September 6; 5-7 p.m. (times may vary)
- Cutest Baby Finals
- The Cutest Baby Preliminaries:
Saturday, August 10, 2013 (9-11:30 a.m. - see link below and to the right)
- The Cutest Baby Finals:
Wednesday, September 4, 2013: 6:30 pm
- Hot Wheels "Race of Champions":
Tuesday, September 3, 2013: 5 p.m. (Registration), 6 p.m. (Race Begins)
- Cornhole Tournament:
Thursday, September 5, 2013: 5 p.m. (Registration - see link below and to the right), 6 p.m. (Tournament Begins)
Popcorn Day Activities Include
DRIVING DIRECTIONS UPDATE: FOR NORTH PARKING SHUTTLE AREA
- Due to road construction, Vale Park Road is closed at Calumet. From the East, take I-80/90 or I-94 W to State Road 49 S. Turn right onto 500 N/ Burlington Beach to Calumet Ave. Turn left on Calumet and follow festival signage.
Popcorn Festival 2013 Brochure
Popcorn Festival Event Map
- 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Craft, Food and Fine Arts Booths Open
- 7:30 a.m. - Popcorn Panic 5K Walk / 5M Run
(hosted by the Valparaiso Parks Dept.)
Information & Registration
- 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Kid's Poppin Play Place Opens - Inflatables & Games
- 8:45 a.m. - Lit'l Kernel Puff Race
(Kiddie Run - hosted by the Valparaiso Parks
Information & Registration
- 10 a.m. - Orville Redenbacher Parade
- 11 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Orville Redenbacher Food Tent and Main Stage Beer Garden Open
- 12 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - South Shore CVA
Main Stage Entertainment
- Highway Band – Noon-1:15 p.m.
- Lupriphonic – 1:35-2:50 p.m.
- Crawpuppies – 3:10-4:30 p.m.
- Main Stage Headliner, Gin Blossoms – 5-6:30 p.m.
- 12 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Front Porch Music Stage Entertainment
The Valparaiso Popcorn Festival is located in beautiful downtown Valparaiso. Arts and Craft Booths will open at 7 a.m. along with the Popcorn Panic Race. Plenty of off-site parking is available with a shuttle bringing you downtown.