Pop Up Recap: Forging A Creative Community
The Pop Up is in full swing! Our beautiful city has been transformed into a sprawling, vibrant art community. Have you made it out to any of the exhibits yet? What have been some of your favorites? In case you haven’t, here’s some of what you can catch between now and July 17.
A joint production of VE and The Enclave Project, The Pop Up is a regional show that will bring the best in the arts across 21 different venues all throughout Valparaiso. Whether you’re heavily involved in the arts and culture scene, or you simply want to discover something new, this is an event designed to bring everyone together, spark a conversation, and more importantly, celebrate the growing creative community around us.
Here’s some of what you can find around town:
The Pop Up’s creative and diverse schedule will keep visitors anticipating what’s next. Pay attention to the Schedule of Events where you can find other art related events happening in Valparaiso. Each day, the community will present displays of both the visual and performing arts.
- Summer Rhapsody Music Festival featuring the Summer Rhapsody Festival Orchestra, 7 p.m. at Central Park Plaza
- Fluid – Artist Reception and Party, 6-9 p.m.
- Society – Artist Reception, 5-8 p.m.
- Memorial Opera House – Grease, 8:00 p.m.
- Chicago Street Theatre – The Tempest, 8:00 p.m.
- PoCo Muse Block Party, 12-4 p.m.
- Memorial Opera House – Grease (matinee), 2:00 p.m.
- Closing Reception at Misbeehavin’ Meads, 6-7:30 p.m.
The Pop Up is a regional art competition. Each of our artists are vying for up to $4000 in prizes, and it’s up to YOU to decide the winner! Voting is open from now until noon July 17. The top 3 winning pieces will be announced at the closing reception later that night.
As for how you can vote, here’s how:
- Vote online at popup.valparaisoevents.com/vote. Remember, you can only cast 1 vote per venue, every 24 hours.
- Cast your vote at one of 2 voting stations, at the Valparaiso Events office, or White Key Gallery
There’s much to see and do throughout the remaining days of The Pop Up. For more information, including a full list of venues, artists, and more, check out their official website.
Comments are closed.