‘Tis The Season: Your Guide To Holly Days
Better watch out now! The holiday season is here, and our little town of Valparaiso will soon be transformed into a winter wonderland for all to enjoy. The 2016 Holly Days comes your way Friday, December 2 from 5 to 8 pm, and for this year’s celebration, we’re bringing you enough happiness and cheer to get you into the holiday spirit! What kind of activities do we have in store for you this year? Here’s a look:
DECK THE HALLS
‘Tis the season to be jolly, and we’ve brought together some of your favorite traditions to help spread the happiness and cheer of the season. Walk through the decorated city streets and enjoy free train rides, as well as ice carving, strolling carolers, and fire performers at this fun and FREE event or all ages. Plus, you can see a live nativity display around the Courthouse Square from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR?
Nothing gets you into the spirit better than a little music, and Holly Days will be full of the sounds of the season. Strolling carolers will be making their way all around the downtown area to serenade attendees. In addition, you can also enjoy live entertainment at the Porter Health Amphitheater at Central Park Plaza. Scheduled to perform includes:
- 5:30-6:00 p.m.: VHS Varsity Singers
- 6:15-6:45 p.m. – VHS Jazz Combo
- 7:15-7:30 p.m: The Jingle Tones Carolers
SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN
At Holly Days, we’ll welcome a very special guest to our city. ‘The Man With The Bag’ himself, Santa Claus, will be making an appearance at the Porter County Museum! Bring the kids to meet Jolly Old St. Nick, and even get your picture taken with him!
WALKING IN A WINTER WONDERLAND
Our decorated streets will transform our humble town into a proverbial winter wonderland. Even our local businesses are getting in on the fun! Make your list, check it twice, and kick off your holiday shopping with our fine retailers. Visit your favorite stores to enjoy their annual holiday open house, and dine at one of the restaurants, many of which will have special treats just for you.
- 21 North Eyecare: Even on the snowiest night, the path to your house will be clear. Receive free magic reindeer food to help guide Santa to your home!
- Bangles: The Johnny Was Trunk Show will wow you with its luxury boho and vintage styles, perfect for your upcoming holiday parties.
- Blue Point: Enjoy hot chocolate and hot cider outside, plus drink specials inside.
- Don Quijote Restaurante: Relish in the flavors of a warm cup of soup.
- European Styles Salon: Pamper yourself for the holidays with mini treatments such as blowouts, makeup consultations, hair tinseling, and parafin treatments.
- Fluid Coffeebar: Stay warm this season with hot espresso drinks, hot cocoa and cider steamer samples. Plus, Nana Claire’s Bakery will be sampling and selling baked goods.
- Fun Food Factory of Valpo: This deal is totally cool! Buy one Palazzolo Artisan Gelato, and get one free.
- Good to Go by Lucrezia: For the foodie on your list, stop by for a free sample of our of their specialty cheeses and get expert advice about creating a cheese and charcuterie board. Also, pick up a coupon for 20% off 2 or more bottles of extra virgin olive oils and balsamic vinegars.
- Isabella Boutique: Offering a one-of-a-kind gift idea for any occasion, check out their selection of custom gift baskets, from New Mother Nursing baskets, to Thinking Of You, Pink Ribbon, and more.
- La Maison: Jewelry, linens, Christmas décor, and more, not even Santa has this many gifts! When you stop by, be sure to take advantage of 20-30% off select items.
- Lemster’s Floral: What’s a holiday season without a wreath, a centerpiece, or a bouquet? Shop with them and take 25% off Christmas items (excluding fresh flowers and plants) and 50% off remaining Fall items. Plus, while you shop, sip on their traditional Yuletide warm cider punch.
- Lifestyles: Open late just for Holly Days! Enjoy warm apple cider and treats while you shop, and if you head upstairs, you could get your picture taken with a very special guest!
- Luxury Layouts: Home is where the heart is this season, and their experts can help you with your next project! Special for Holly Days, talk to them and learn how you can receive 15% off your next project.
- Memorial Opera House: Join the MOH carolers in singing all of your favorite holiday songs at 5pm on their beautifully decorated lawn.
- Misbeehavin’ Meads: Buzz in for free samples of mulled wine. Gift baskets and gift cards make the perfect gifts! T-shirts are up to 50% off. Plus, a selection of gifts from Grain of Rice project will be available. Kids welcome. Cheers!
- Olga’s Place: Get out of the cold and enjoy their mouthwatering Osso Bucco or Wild Salmon dinner special.
- Pikk’s Tavern: “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…” Stop by December 2 and sample this delectable holiday treat.
- Piper Boutiques: Browse their section of adorable holiday dresses, jammies, and bows! Perfect for any occasion this season.
- Presbyterian Resale: Enjoy hot cider and cookies while you shop.
- Radius: Warm up while you walk with a sample of their delicious lemon rice soup.
- Sandpaper: Hosting a party? Need decorating ideas? You’ve come to the right place! Stop by during Holly Days and receive tips and tricks from their DIY experts.
- Seasons on the Square: Are they mannequins? Are they live window models? You’ll have to see to find out! See the latest fashions in their window display and find your next holiday outfit during their Open House.
- Sheep’s Clothing: Interested in creating the perfect gift? Maybe you want to learn a new hobby? For Holly Days, see a yarn spinning demonstration while listening to the talented Cynthia Shelhart play some of your favorite Christmas songs on her Celtic Harp.
- Silcotts Shoes: Winter is coming, and we all know what that means…As a special for Holly Days, shoppers can take advantage of 15% off all winter boots.
- Temptations Gifts: We’ll be celebrating more than just Holly Days. Temptations will be marking 30 years of business! As their gift to you, enjoy storewide sales and closeout deals on holiday decor and more!
- The Sewing Studio: The perfect stocking stuffer! Enjoy 25% off Husqvarna Viking accessories and notions.
- Valley: The holidays never tasted so good! Stop by for a fresh out-of-the-oven cookie, and stay for a farm-to-fork dinner.
- Valpo Velvet: Stop by Valpo Velvet and sample some of our warm soups and stay for a sandwich and some ice cream.
Holly Days comes your way Friday, December 2 starting at 5:00 p.m. For more information on this year’s event, click here.
Comments are closed.